[rhn-users] Gnome Settings Daemon Problem

Craig Aumann caumann at ualberta.ca
Thu Oct 28 16:52:14 UTC 2004

I have been searching high and low on the net for a solution to the
error I get when I log in: "Gnome settings daemon restarted to many
times... GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time
you log in."  Although the error seems to be quite common, I have not
run across any solutions.

- I've cleaned out the /tmp directory.

- I've removed any file in my home directory that looked like it might
remotely be associated with Gnome and replaced with the same file from
another user account which doesn't have this problem.

- I've even waved a dead chicken over the machine and contemplated using
KDE, but SAMBA was giving me problems....

Any suggestions here are greatly appreciated.

Craig