[rhn-users] Windows SP2 and Samba

Chris Spencer chris at forevergalleries.com
Mon Sep 20 16:20:31 UTC 2004

Could be the version of Samba also.  It seems Microcrap changed the way
their clients work and they did something unexpected so it required a
patch to Samba.

Make sure you are using the updates for it.

I didn't track what RH did for patches but I would think they would have
updated.

-Chris

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 10:54, Strickler Carl wrote:
> I'm assuming you're talking about Windows XP SP2.  If this is the case your
> issue may be that SP2 turns on the firewall by default and so it is blocking
> the packets that are necessary for finding the various services on your
> network.  If you are behind an actual firewall you should try turning off
> the software firewall that SP2 installs.
>
> - Carl

"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing
the freeness of speech." - Benjamin Franklin