[rhn-users] Using rhnreg_ks with multiple activation keys

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Fri Sep 3 17:42:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:17:20PM -0500, James P wrote:
> I'm running a RHN Satellite server with 3.4.0 on it, which is
> supposed to support registering a system using multiple activation
> keys. I can't get that feature to work, no matter how many different
> ways I pass the --activationkey=foo --activationkey=bar parameters
> to the rhnreg_ks command. No matter what I do, rhnreg_ks either
> gives me an error or simply registers with one of the keys but never
> with both.
>
> Has anyone out there got this to work? How should I be doing this?

I believe the calling convention is comma (',') separated.  I believe
the reasoning for this is that there is some importance in the order
of the activation keys.

/me hunts around a little...

Ok, it was documented here (if you're logged in):

https://rhn.redhat.com/help/provisioning/s1-up2date-actkeys.html
https://rhn.redhat.com/help/provisioning/s1-sm-systems.html#S3-SM-SYSTEM-KEYS-MULTIPLE

So, something like:

rhnreg_ks --activationkey=foo,bar,baz