[rhn-users] Up2date packages (jakarta connectors)?

Eric Eisenhart eric.eisenhart at sonoma.edu
Mon Sep 13 17:59:41 UTC 2004

Shawn Protsman wrote:
> Does RHEL have a package that includes the jakarta connectors (mod_jk)
> for apache?  I've been looking but I haven't been able to find them.
> Next option is to compile from source.

They're in the "Application Server" channel(s) and named "mod_jk2"
(since they're the version designed to work with apache 2).  You'll also
need to subscribe to the "Extras" channel.

I think RHN allows any AS, ES or WS machine to subscribe to the
Application Server channels, but they won't provide any support for your
usage of anything in that channel unless you pay them about a thousand a
year per machine (in addition to the RHEL license for the machine).
--
Eric Eisenhart <eric.eisenhart at sonoma.edu>
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator