[rhn-users] A critical Problem wirth NIC

Filipe Miranda filipe at moniloc.com.br
Mon Sep 13 18:30:30 UTC 2004

Hello,

I guess you could use DHCP associated with the MAC address of the client. By
doing that you will not have the problem of assigning a different ip address
to another machine, you will keep the same cenario as you have with static ip.

The advantage you will have is that you can have the range of server-IPs
separated from the range of Client-IPs. You can also change gateway, DNS and
other information dynamically from a single central point of administration.

I think you best bet in the DHCP-server documentation.

Att.

 Filipe T. Miranda
 RHCE - Red Hat Certified Engineer
 ORACLE Database Administrator 8i Certified
 Tel: +55(16) 632-7295

 The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, or better."
 So, I installed LINUX!