[rhn-users] ES 3.0 on Acer Travelmate 620 hangs

Corné Beerse cbeerse at lycos.nl
Wed Sep 22 14:05:28 UTC 2004

Espen Ekeroth wrote:

> Trying to install ES 3.0 update 2 on a Acer Travelmate 620 hangs when
> internal network is enabled.
>
> I have tried to install ES 3 times, it hangs at the same post install
> place each time. Did an install without network and X. It worked. Got X up
> with no problem. Hangs/freezes again when network is to be enabled.
>
> Has anybody seen something like this before?

With other hardware (HP/Compaq proliant) and older versions (RH 7.x) I had to be
carefull which driver to install for the nic. Check your hardware supplier for
which driver to use and optionally supplied drivers.

On the other hand, check the nic you use and if/how it is supported. The
RH-supplied dirver is not always the best.

CBee