[rhn-users] Installing RH on a second Hard Disk

elimachi at datacom.com.bo elimachi at datacom.com.bo
Wed Sep 22 22:04:53 UTC 2004

Dear Armando:

Only dubt more. If I like to boot my system with a Linux boot floppy disk.
Have I to install boot loader in the first sector of /boot partition?  Is
it necessary?

Thank you.

EDWIN LIMACHI N.
ENTEL - Operaciones y Mantenimiento
Regional La Paz
TSE - INFONET BOLIVIA
Phone. 591-2-2123978
Movil: 591-715-29967
Fax: 591-2-2123975

Armando García Govea <armando.garcia at nekotec.com.mx>
Enviado por: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com
22/09/2004 17:02
Por favor, responda a
Red Hat Network Users List <rhn-users at redhat.com>

Para
"'Red Hat Network Users List'" <rhn-users at redhat.com>
cc

Asunto
RE: [rhn-users] Installing RH on a second Hard Disk

Hi.

You need install Red Hat in a secondary disc.

In the beginning of the installation of Red Hat, asked to you, where will
install, you need choose the new hard disk (normally windows 2000 shows
like FAT32), if you  choose new hard disk (like hdc), you don´t have
problems. After, you need a /boot paritition for install GRUB or LILO (as
you wish), don?t install in MBR LILO or GRUB, it´s highly recommended make
a boot disk, because with floppy disk you can run LINUX, and without
floppy disk you can run Windows.

Regards

Armando García Govea
NEKOTEC TECNOLOGIA