[rhn-users] RHEL 2.1

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Wed Apr 6 16:29:19 UTC 2005

Hi:

Is anyone aware of a fix for the man pages in RHEL 2.1?  If I do a man
trap in RHEL 2.1, I get the following error:

<standard input>:14: realpath on `bash.1' failed: No such file or directory

I managed to find a workaround by changing the .so command on
/usr/share/man/man1/builtins.1.gz from '.so bash.1' to
'.so man1/bash.1'

I found that I also had to unzip /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz in order
for man to find the bash.1 file.

I checked RHN and I didn't find any updates for man or bash.  Has anyone
else encountered a similar problem?  The problem has been fixed in RHEL 3.0.

   Alfred Hovdestad
   University of Saskatchewan