[rhn-users] rhn_check fails

Sean Keesler smkeesle at syr.edu
Thu Apr 21 21:00:44 UTC 2005

I have just installed RHEL4 ES (Academic license) on a Athlon server.
I tried to minimize the # of installed packages to only what I needed
but found that the installation installed a lot of items I didn't need.
  I attempted to use rhn to delete the packages from this box.  I
selected the packages I wanted to remove and it sat the in queue to be
deleted.

I manually ran rhn_check with the verbose option and the box did get
the transaction.  However the verbose output produces a python
trackback  that ultimately points to the runTransaction function.

[root at syru102-252 ~]# rhn_check -v
packages.remove ([['bluez-bluefw', '1.0', '6', ''], ['bluez-hcidump',
'1.11', '1', ''], ['bluez-libs', '2.10', '2', ''], ['bluez-utils',
'2.10', '2.1', '']],)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/rhn_check", line 174, in run_action
     (status, message, data) = do_call(method, params)
   File "/usr/sbin/rhn_check", line 91, in do_call
     retval = apply(method, params)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/actions/packages.py", line 83, in remove
     up2date.removePackages(pkgList, rpmCallback)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2date.py", line 1009, in
removePackages
     runTransaction(ts,rpmCallback)
TypeError: runTransaction() takes at least 4 arguments (2 given)

has anyone else had this issue crop up?