[rhn-users] How to create ISO image

Chester R. Hosey Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Mon Aug 15 16:59:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 09:14 -0700, Sambit Nanda wrote:
> I have the location where i have dump all my rpm and
> base files , from where i do the NFS install to other
> system.
>
>  I have now some system which are not connect to
> Newtwork, and i like to install RHES on them
>
> So i like to create those three Disk image .iso and
> moved to CD.
>
> What is the best way to create three .iso image for
> Disk1/2/3
> How i will figure out which files will be for what iso
> ?

It's probably much easier to download Red Hat's ISO images from RHN. Log
into RHN, and choose "Channels". Choose the base channel for the product
you wish to install (for instance, "Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES (v. 4
for 32-bit x86)". You'll see a "Downloads" link above the channel
details. Load that page, and you'll see ISOs available for download.

I apologize if there is some reason why you might not be able to
download the ISOs (bandwidth restrictions, for instance), but if you
have bandwidth and a RHN subscription that's probably the easiest way to
obtain ISO images.

Chet