[rhn-users] Making mknod in Kickstart "stick"

Mallasch, Paul Paul.Mallasch at Tectura.com
Tue Aug 16 19:22:16 UTC 2005

RHEL4 ES with 2.6.

The "do-dad" is exactly what I'm looking for, so far all of my attempts are "do-bad"... ;-)

Paul G. Mallasch

Tectura

Tel:       425-957-4214

Mobile:  425-591-4666

Email:   paul.mallasch at tectura.com

Boeing: paul.g.mallasch at boeing.com

________________________________

From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Doerbeck, Christoph
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:17 PM
To: Red Hat Network Users List
Subject: RE: [rhn-users] Making mknod in Kickstart "stick"

What version of RedHat Linux are you using?

Sounds to me like you are using RHEL 4 with 2.6 and udev.  If that's the case, then you need to
put a "do-dad" in the proper place to have it recreated properly.  I'm not referring to rc.local.  There's
a expected way to do it, I just can't recall off the top of my head.  But I could...