[rhn-users] RedHat ES 3.0

DTitkemeyer at auroracasket.com DTitkemeyer at auroracasket.com
Tue Aug 23 12:46:51 UTC 2005

I have a server running RedHat ES 3.0.   It is mainly used as a webserver for a
couple websites.   Using Linux software RAID 5.    In the past couple weeks it
has gone into a state of not responding.    I cannot log in remotely, I have to
go to the server.   The message on the screen reads:  "Raid 5:   Resync finished
".   From what little I've read it appears it is just trying to resync a few
files across the software raid to mirror the drives.    What if anything could
be causing it to not respond?   Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks

David