[rhn-users] RHN config

Roy S. Nielsen rsn at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 24 18:31:23 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm curious... When setting up RHN the first time, one gets the Red Hat
Network Configuration window...

I have a question about - under the Retrieval/Installation tab, the "Do
not upgrade packages when local configuration file has been modified"
selection.

If this _is_ selected, and I modify my ssh_config, or sshd_config file,
will up2date/rhn warn me that this package has available updates?

If this _is NOT_ selected, does it copy the old config?

It does warn that if things like Apache and Squid have been installed (I
assume via rpm package) that one might not want config files moved and new
default ones installed... understandable for some servers, but not all
cases...

I don't seem to find this information in the RHN documentation.

https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/RHNetwork/ref-guide/3.7/s1-up2date-config.html

Maybe the consequence of both selecting and not selecting could be
more clear in the docs?

Thank you for your help,
-Roy Nielsen