[rhn-users] File systems > 2TB

Ron Arnett arnett at ParadigmGeo.com
Thu Dec 1 16:38:37 UTC 2005

I believe your problem is there is still a 2 tb lun limit.
On my raids I create one lun partition that lun into two
pieces/partitions and then put it back together with mdadm. I do have a
3.2 tb file system using this method.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Doctor Khumalo
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:13 AM
To: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: [rhn-users] File systems > 2TB

I have a RAID-5 storage array with 3.63 TB of space.

I've installed Red Hat Enterprise 4 on teh system disk and want to
create a
file system with the RAID. Does the 2.6 kernel of Red Hat now allow you
make ext3 filesystems with over 2 TB?  I tried mke2fs -j /dev/sdb1 and
all
it did was create a 1.7 TB partition.  Not what I had in mind.  Anyone
ever
have ext3 go over 2 TB?

I would try and mkreiserfs but that would include patching the kernel to

reiserfs.