[rhn-users] Re: KVM

Jonathan Klay Jonathan.Klay at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 8 19:46:59 UTC 2005

I've stuck with IOGear because of problems with Belkin and Linksys
crapping out after a year or 2. The miniview se have nice solid
construction (at least when I bought them - several years and going
strong). Same with a miniview ultra 8 port I haven't connected yet. No
mouse/keyboard trouble even with a wireless and usb-to-ps2 adapter on
the keyboard. Even when cascaded.

rhn-users-request at redhat.com wrote:

>Yup,  based on my experience I have no problem with my Linksys. It has
>also nice feature like pressing <Ctrl> key twice to transfer from one port
>to another.
>
>I'm currently using Model No. SVIEW04.
>
>Clark James E. Aranas
>System Administrator
>Printhead Technology
>Phone Number    : 63.32.2348873
>Mobile Numbers : 63.92.143.143.87
>

>Larry D Sorensen <larry.sorensen at juno.com>
>Sent by: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com
>12/08/2005 09:49
>Please respond to Red Hat Network Users List
>

>        To:     rhn-users at redhat.com
>        cc:
>        Subject:        Re: [rhn-users] Re: KVM
>

>I am using PS2. So, Linksys works well too?
>
>On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:08:42 +0800 caranas at lexmark.com writes:
>
>Hi!  Are you using PS2 or USB connections?  I'm using Linksys right now
>which uses PS2 connections.  I'm not sure if Linksys has a KSM for USB.
>I've also tried ATEN and so far I have no problem with it.
>

>Clark James E. Aranas
>System Administrator
>Printhead Technology
>Phone Number    : 63.32.2348873
>Mobile Numbers : 63.92.143.143.87
>

>Larry D Sorensen <larry.sorensen at juno.com>
>Sent by: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com
>12/08/2005 08:22
>Please respond to Red Hat Network Users List
>
>        To:        rhn-users at redhat.com
>        cc:
>        Subject:        [rhn-users] Re: KVM
>

>Does anyone know of a good, inexpensive, KVM that works with RedHat
>systems and doesn't lose the mouse or keyboard when you switch to other
>servers? My current one is a 4-port Belkin, and sometimes it drops one or
>the other (especially the mouse) when I have switched to a different
>system and then switch back after some time.
>
>Larry Sorensen

Jonathan

Jonathan Klay     <+>    NOAA PMEL CNSD/OERD