[rhn-users] Audio problem when upgrading Red Hat Enterprise 3

Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr
Thu Feb 10 18:03:50 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I installed recently various machines with red hat enterprise 3.
I then upgraded all the packages by using upd2date in red hat network.

Since then, the audio facilities are out of order (they were OK before).

The "parametre de systeme/detecter la carte son " (system parameter/detect
audio sound card) still displays the audio driver info, but the 'play'
button no more plays anything.
The various Volume COntrol tools do not run, nore the audio players.

The machines are DELL precision 360, with Analog Device internal
AD1980-AC97 sound cards.
I tried to reinstall drivers provided by DELL (and even ASUS) for the
card. No success.

What should I do ?

Thx
Nicolas