[rhn-users] New RHEL-AS-4

GREG WOJTAK GWOJTAK at salliemae.com
Thu Feb 17 21:39:08 UTC 2005

I remember seeing something about this with RHEL 3, where you had to
give the aic79xx driver a noprobe option otherwise it would hang.  I'm
sorry I can't remember the exact option, but maybe try Googling for that
and see if you can get that working.

Greg Wojtak
Unix Systems Administrator
Sallie Mae
(317) 598-4058

>>> Richard.Lefebvre at rqchp.qc.ca 2/17/2005 4:26:57 PM >>>
Any one got the RHEL-AS-4 CD1 to work with a SCSI only for harddrives.

Basically, the CD boots OK up to the point of loading the SCSI drivers,

at which point I get:

The disabling message appears about 30 seconds later with out the
colored background (i.e. error message) Then nothing happens.

The computer is OK since I was able to install AS-3 (update 4) last
week
with no problem. I wanted to install the new from scratch since the
setup of the server wasn't finished yet.

Richard