[rhn-users] NFS I/O errors

Jesse Becker jbecker at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 23 15:48:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:38:51PM -0700, Pete Masse wrote:
> I have just upgraded form RHAS 2 to RHAS 4.  Since this upgrade, writing
> data to the server from mounted machines running an older version of NFS
> (ok, they're SGIs, I'll admit it) give an I/O error.  They work great with
> RHAS 2.  Is there a way that NFS can be tweaked in order to help it be more
> compatible with over versions of NFS?  Say, for example, nfsv2 or
> something? i.e. I don't know what enhancements were made to this latest
> version, perhaps roll them back.

I ran into something similar when I upgraded (reinstalled) several boxes from
RH7.3 to RHEL3.  I fixed it by using the 'tcp' mount option.

NetApp also has a good tuning guide for Linux NFS clients:
	http://www.netapp.com/tech_library/ftp/3183.pdf

--
Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint: BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2