[rhn-users] Internet Restriction

Sammy Msafiri sammy at somak-nairobi.com
Thu Feb 24 21:04:20 UTC 2005

Thanks Raj I give it a shot.

Rgds

Sammy Msafiri

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Raj Kumar
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:48 AM
To: Red Hat Network Users List
Subject: Re: [rhn-users] Internet Restriction

Try using iptables

#for restricting access from the linux box acting as internet and email
gateway
iptables -A OUTPUT -t filter -d 1.1.1.1 -j DROP

#for clients that are accessing sites via the gateway
iptables -A FORWARD -t filter -d 1.1.1.1 -j DROP

I am a newbie... I do not know if this is the best way... others might
have a better idea... just my $.02

Hope it helps!
Raj