[rhn-users] LVM issues Block Major 43

Kvetch kvetch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 15:17:10 UTC 2005

I am running Ent. ES 3 on a couple servers running RAID 5.  I set them
up to use LVM on all partitions but I am getting a bunch of errors on
bootup and in the logs.  During bootup I get the following message
Setting up Logical Volume Management: modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate
module block-major-43
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-43
This message repeats a bunch and then the server finishes booting.

I suppose I could supress these messages by adding alias
block-major-43 off but I wanted to know what is causing them and what
do they mean.  Does it affect my filesystem?

Thanks,
Nick