FW: [rhn-users] Package installer

Shadd Gallegos shaddga at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 7 19:07:37 UTC 2005

If you  would like to set up a management server and remotely manage
packages too include bios updates, software, power commands - turning
systems on, off, and resetting I would recommend xCAT it is IBM software
free to the public. xCAT is written in pearl so you can modify it for your
particular applications. It is intended for clustering but can be used for
a variety of admin tasks.

xcat.org

Shadd Gallegos
WW e1350 Linux Cluster Development Interface to Manufacturing
ShaddGa at us.ibm.com
Desk 919-543-4258
Cell 919-602-0001
T/L 8-441-4258

                      "Trice Dennis D"
                      <TriceDennisD at Joh        To:       rhn-users at redhat.com
                      nDeere.com>              cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  FW: [rhn-users] Package installer
                      rhn-users-bounces
                      @redhat.com

                      07/07/2005 10:42
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Red Hat Network
                      Users List

 Jim, does this method allow me to log on a master server and push the
patches out to client machines?  Or do I have to log on to each client
and get the patches from the master server(or repository).