[rhn-users] How to update a client against a stored profile

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Wed Jul 20 13:33:32 UTC 2005

Is there a mechanism to up2date a client based on a stored profile.

I have a stored profile that defines the absolute minimum a host should
have to be considered a supportable platform.  I'd now like to run
something like:

	up2date --stored-profile=<name>

Which should add/upgrade packages which a client does not have based on
a new standard. It should NOT removed anything.  Perhaps another option
to --stored-profile-with-remove=<name> would include removing things....

Is this possible?  Has anyone done something similar in another way?  I
would rather not get in to activation or re-activation keys and managing
everything from the web-interface.  I need something commandline,
preferably something from the client end....

I could likely script something if the XMLRPC interface allowed me to
get the package listing from a activation key or stored profile.  Then I
could combine a wget/curl with an up2date and get the same results.  I
dig around there some...

-christoph