[rhn-users] hostname in 'localhost' line of /etc/hosts

"Dr. Günter Schmidt" guenter.schmidt at bruker.de
Fri Jul 22 08:04:22 UTC 2005

Riley, Liz (ACHE) wrote:

>Hi Gúnter,
>
>A thought for you.
>
>If you set it to just DHCP on install, and run the redhat-config-network after, mine doesn't seem to add the spurious entry. In fact, it didn't put it in the hosts file at all!

That's what I do, since I know from this odd behaviour, and I tell it to everyboy who wants to install RHEL, but a collegue says he did so and
got this problem;and some of our customers too, even they got computers with preinstalled and configured RHEL3. But they do change the hostname,
and if something like the suspicious line happens, none of our applications will work.

 Günter

Dr. Günter Schmidt   |   E-Mail: gsc at bruker.de
NMR Software         |   Tel: +49 721 5161 443
Bruker BioSpin GmbH  |   Fax: +49 721 5161 480