[rhn-users] Re: Using Putty or VNC to Copy a File to the C: Drive

Keith Deterling deterlin at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 22 16:34:40 UTC 2005

On, the windows machine - you can just open a command prompt, and then
type:

ftp <servernername>

providing of course, you have an vsftpd running on your server.

<<Message: 3
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:40:21 -0400
From: "Robert Pelletier" <bpellet at mail.cslf.org>
Subject: [rhn-users] Using Putty or VNC to Copy a File to the C: Drive
To: "Red Hat Network Users List" <rhn-users at redhat.com>

We need to copy a file to my Windows machine from our RH 3 Server in order
to burn a CD (we do not have a burner on the Server). I want to PUTTY into
the server or VNC in to the server and copy the file to my machine. I have
tried to CP the file and it simply copies it to the root directory of the
server machine. Is this doable? If it is what is the command? Once again
thanks all.

Bob Pelletier
Connecticut Student Loan Foundation
Rocky Hill, Connecticut

Keith Deterling
deterlin at us.ibm.com

Technical Services Professional,
Unix & Intel Server Services - IBM Account
IBM Global Services - Americas Service Delivery ? Server Systems Operation
Team

Essex, Junction, VT 05242 ? Bldg. 967 ? 1C2009
Tie-Line 8-446-3535 or (802) 769-3535
Fax: (802)-769-4253 (T/L: 8-446-4253)

What would ye do then? should ye suppress all this flowery crop
of knowledge and new light sprung up and yet springing daily in
this city?  Should ye set an oligarchy of twenty engrossers over
it, to bring a famine upon our minds again, when we shall know
nothing but what is measured to us by their bushel?

        - - comments on software patents from a long time ago.