[rhn-users] Update software through up2date - Problems

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Wed Jun 1 14:46:40 UTC 2005

You can use up2date to install new applications if you are registered
with RHN.  If you want to install tcl after the initial installation and
RHN registration, simply enter the command

up2date tcl

and up2date will resolve all of the dependencies and install all needed
packages.  I once found that when I tried to install a package off of
the CD's I could not as I had installed a new version of a dependent
package, so I had to use up2date to install the new version from RHN.

    Alfred Hovdestad
    University of Saskatchewan