[rhn-users] crontab issue

Kvetch kvetch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:27:05 UTC 2005

Hello, I am having an odd issue with my crontab on multiple RH ES3 boxes.
The line in my crontabs that are causing me problems is this one.  I
have noticed it happens for any job that is scheduled to run with a
numeric day of week listed.

# Run somescript.sh at 11:12 on Thursday
12 11 * * 5 /home/nick/somescript.sh

For some reason this script doesn't run but if I change the 5 to Thu
it runs.  For some reason the 0-6 are not being recognized for the
days of the week.

# Run somescript.sh at 11:12 on Thursday
12 11 * * Thu /home/nick/somescript.sh

While this isn't a big deal does anyone know why this is happening?  I
am running Vixie cron, here are my versions.
vixie-cron-3.0.1-75.1 and crontabs-1.10-5

Thanks,
Nick