[rhn-users] netstat -ant

Duane Christensen dc at sphosp.com
Fri Jun 3 16:28:53 UTC 2005

Hello,
Linux novice of the decade here.  Have a question concerning netstat
results.  When I run netstat -ant, I show various ip addresses
connecting on various ports that I do not recognize and have nothing
whatsoever to do with what we are doing with this server.

Examples: 62.248.119.60:2209
                 72.34.160.4:44132
                 72.34.160.4:34406
                 72.34.160.4:37929

Running a traceroute on 72.34.160.4 came back with a domain of
160-4mds.master-mds.com.

I am currently trying to find resources to learn how to setup the
firewall on this server, without much success.  In the meantime I am
concerned about security.

Any assistance and/or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Duane