[rhn-users] t1lib support - GD Library - PHP

Johan Holst Nielsen - Print2People ApS jhn at print2people.com
Tue Jun 7 08:22:09 UTC 2005

Johan Holst Nielsen - Print2People ApS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Okay - yet another question.
>
> Now it seems like I have a big problem again :( It doesn't seems that
> Redhat's default php installation with GD Library is compiled with
> t1lib? Is there no way to add t1lib support (postscript fonts?).

For other users who have or gets  same problem - I found an solution.

I downloaded:
t1lib-5.0.2-1.src.rpm for Fedora (couldn't find it for Redhat?) and
rebuiled and installed it.

I downloaded the php source at rhn. Somehow I needed to make some
changes to get it working (dont know if they was necessary).

Created /usr/local/lib/mysql and did the to he directory
Created some links:
ln -s /usr/include/mysql/ include
ln -s /usr/lib64/mysql/ lib

Changed the --with-mysql=(something i dont remember) to
--with-mysql=shared,/usr/local/lib/mysql

Added --with-t1lib

and did rpmbuild -ba php.spec

Erase all php packages currenctly installed. And install you brand new
php packages :)

Don't know why the changes of MySQL was necessary - but it wouldnt build
the package without the changes :(

Regards,
Johan