[rhn-users] looking for .mil up2date server

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Wed Jun 8 20:32:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 12:57 -0500, Vossberg, Michael R CIV NETWARCOM N34
wrote:
> We are looking for a RedHat up2date server in the .mil internet domain.
> Any information would be appreciated.

I don't know of any .mil domain up2date servers. You might consider
creating your own. If it's fedora, there's good stuff online about
creating a mirror of an apt or yum based up2date server. It's not hard,
and I suspect there are a lot of us who'd be eager to help those like
you who defend us.

If it's Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the only official up2date servers are
maintained by Red Hat... though they support a Satellite service which
allows you to mirror and maintain your own. There are also workarounds
which can allow you to download the update packages (and add the install
packages) and maintain your own mirror (assuming that the workstations
you support have proper subscriptions).

Don't know if it's of any use, but there are a couple of .gov fedora
update servers listed at
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html.

Thanks,
Mike