[rhn-users] Backup problem using DLT Tape Drive in LINUX

Trice, Jim jtrice at haastcm.com
Mon Jun 20 17:25:43 UTC 2005

Hi,
     If you are planning on using dump for your backups you should
reconsider. I may be a little out of date but linux dump was not recommended
the last time I looked. I would recommend using cpio or tar for simple
backups.
     I would try to determine if it is the disk access of tape access giving
problems. Have you tried backing up to /dev/null. You could also benchmark
your disk systems using something like iozone (google it).

Jim T.
Behalf Of Ramesh R