[rhn-users] growiso limitation

Jorge jorge at sur-se.com
Thu Jun 23 09:56:17 UTC 2005

Hello. I use growisofs for backup:
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/scd0=backup.iso

where backup.iso is a premastered iso file generated with mkisofs.

I use cron to run growisofs command, but I see the next error:
"FATAL: /dev/dvd already carries isofs!"
I have read about it in growisofs help, an it says:
"If the media already carries isofs and growisofs is invoked with -Z option
non-interactively, e.g. through cron, it shall fail with  FATAL: /dev/dvd
already carries isofs!" Note that only ISO9660 is recognized, you can
perfectly zap e.g. an UDF filesystem non-interactively."
and then, how can I do it. I use rewritable dvd for backup, and then, It
already carries isofs because I re-use the rw-dvd.
Thanks.