[rhn-users] Problem with HP DL380 G4 and MSA1000 Storage

csu4 at fedex.com csu4 at fedex.com
Thu Jun 30 01:08:36 UTC 2005

Have you configured Secure Path from the MSA1000 level
during the setup stage? If you configured them then it
should present you only the mirrored logical drives, e.g.
sda, sda, sdc, etc. You should not see other disks as
they are not presented to you.

Rgds,

SCHYU

                    Kay Winterhager
                    <Kay.Winterhager at lsg.vander       To:     rhn-users at redhat.com
                    lande.com>                        cc:
                    Sent by:                          Subject:     [rhn-users] Problem with HP DL380 G4 and MSA1000
                    rhn-users-bounces at redhat.co        Storage

                    06/29/2005 10:53 PM
                    Please respond to Red Hat
                    Network Users List

I have a problem with a HP DL380 G4 and a MSA1000 Storage.
I use redundant HP FCA 2214 HBA with QLogic23xx Chip for the connection to
the storage.

I have 6 disk in the storage, 3 logical drives (RAID 1)

During the boot of the server I get many errors for sda, sdb and sdc:
"Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 0..15" etc.

With FDISK and Webmin Partition Manager I can configure the devices sdd,
sde, sdf.

What is the problem with sda, sdb and sdc and what have I to do, to use
sda, sdb and sdc?

Thanks
Kay