[rhn-users] 403 forbidden - you don't have permission to access /home/*/public_html on this server

Paul Sielis psielis at facil.umass.edu
Thu Mar 3 14:55:00 UTC 2005

I just installed Red Hat V4.0AS on my web server this week with apache v2.0.52
All my file permissions to and including the directory public_html are 755 including file index.html.
My userdir is pointed to /home/*/public.html
apachectl configtest shows no errors
Error message is still :
403 forbidden - you don't have permission to access /home/*/public_html on this server

Any ideas or suggestion ?

Thank You,
Paul J. Sielis
Information Technologies Network Administrator
Physical Plant Department
University of Massachusetts
360 Campus Center Way
Amherst, Ma 01003-6710