[rhn-users] file size problems

Chuck Campbell campbell at accelinc.com
Sun Mar 6 17:57:16 UTC 2005

I just built two dual Opteron machines for a small cluster, with 4 GB of ram
each, a dedicated GB network layer 3 switch and about a TB of disk.

I put RHEL3 update 2, WS on the compute node and ES on the master.  All
filesystems are ext3.

I loaded a 33GB file vi a ftp from another machine onto the cluster, and
had no issues, but when I did a cp from the master node local disk to the
slave node local disk (mounted via NFS), I only got 2 GB of data moved, and
an error message saying "File size exceeded".

What am I doing wrong?  This is a 64 bit OS on 64 bit processors.  Where did
this 3 GB file limit come from?  Is it in cp, NFS, ????

any help is appreciated.

thanks,
-chuck