[rhn-users] RHN Proxy install

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 20:46:20 UTC 2005

MJang wrote:

>Folks,
>
>Am trying to install a RHN proxy, and the RHN Proxy Server 3.6 manual
>doesn't seem to be doing it for me
>(http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/RHNetwork/proxy/3.6/)
>
>Specifically, under the installation guide, step 8, I don't have a
>system details -> proxy subtab. (everything works per the doc up to this
>point). Don't know if I'm missing something.
>
>My Software Channel Entitlements list (Channels->Channel Entitlements)
>does show one Red Hat Network Proxy subscription available (and 0
>subscribed).
>
>I am trying to install under RHEL 4 AS. Is RHN Proxy Server 3.6 limited
>to RHEL 3/2.1? If so, is there an update coming for RHEL 4?

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/RHNetwork/proxy/3.6/requirements.html

"Base operating system — RHN Proxy Server is supported with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux AS 2.1 Update 5 or later and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
AS 3 Update 3 or later only."

No mention of Enterprise Linux 4 == Not supported.

The next release of RHN Proxy will support Enterprise Linux 4.

Cliff.