[rhn-users] Deleting a profile for a system that still exists

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:49:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:26:17 -0500, David Miller <justdave at bugzilla.org> wrote:
> I've got a couple machines that someone plugged in at the office at some
> point and got registered into our RHN account, but haven't actually been
> on the net in the last month or two.  I'm getting tired of looking at
> the "this machine hasn't checked in" marks on my profile list, so I'm
> thinking of deleting them off, but before I did so, I wanted clarify
> what the behavior is, because the FAQ and the docs don't seem to explain
> this particular situation.
>
> So if I delete these machines off my list, and then sometime down the
> road someone plugs one of them back into the net again, will it show up
> on my list again after it checks in the first time, or will the machine
> need to be re-registered if it ever gets put back on the net (or will it
> be prevented from re-registering because I deleted it)?

It will get an error the next time it tries to check in and will need
to be registered again in order to get updates again.  That has been
my experience anyway.  This assumes that you intend to delete the
machine's profile and not just delete it from your group.  That part
isn't quite clear to me from what you've said above.

John