[rhn-users] Deleting a profile for a system that still exists

David Miller justdave at bugzilla.org
Wed Mar 9 22:24:45 UTC 2005

inode0 wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:26:17 -0500, David Miller <justdave at bugzilla.org> wrote:
>
>>So if I delete these machines off my list, and then sometime down the
>>road someone plugs one of them back into the net again, will it show up
>>on my list again after it checks in the first time, or will the machine
>>need to be re-registered if it ever gets put back on the net (or will it
>>be prevented from re-registering because I deleted it)?
>
> It will get an error the next time it tries to check in and will need
> to be registered again in order to get updates again.  That has been
> my experience anyway.  This assumes that you intend to delete the
> machine's profile and not just delete it from your group.  That part
> isn't quite clear to me from what you've said above.

Yeah, deleting their profiles is what I was thinking.  I've already got
them off in a group by themselves, but it means extra clicks to select
groups first in order to see what errata apply to everything but those ;)

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Foundation       http://www.mozilla.org/