[rhn-users] Process information!! Please Guide Me

Sullivan, Michael michael.sullivan at eds.com
Fri Mar 11 00:45:59 UTC 2005

Hello Sunil,

The forum thread was for display purposes in kernel version when issuing the
ps() command + options.  Unless your running different kernels between Web1
and Web2 I don't think it applies to your situation.

Did you get any output in the log files with the 'Debug' option turned on?
Is root kicking off apachectl on both boxes?  Only super-users can use ports
<1024.  Once the first process kicks off, setuid() to apache.

root     17425     1  7 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL
apache   17426 17425  0 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL
apache   17427 17425  0 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL
apache   17428 17425  0 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL
apache   17429 17425  0 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL
apache   17430 17425  0 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL
apache   17431 17425  0 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL
apache   17432 17425  0 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL
apache   17433 17425  0 16:47 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/httpd -k start
-DSSL

--Mike.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email from EDS is for the sole use of the
intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and destroy all copies of the email.