[rhn-users] RHEL3 NFS performance

jungle jungle at topsoc.com.tw
Sat Mar 19 02:46:18 UTC 2005

We install RHEL3 on server A(2 2.8G Xeon 8G Ram) and B(2 2.8G Xeon 4G
Ram) ,all installed Oracle ERP software ,
both server connected on Cisco 3750G Giga speed port.
When we executed ERP clone procedures need to copy mass files about 70G
from A(production) to B(test)
I use NFS export A server's /data  to B for "read only" , and on server
B in graphic mode  mount A:/data  -r   /x
we seperately copy each subdirectory and manuly exectued the cp command
after copy the 3rd subdirectory , and didnlt executed other cp command
;just enter "ls" or any other commands ,system response very slowly .
sometimes we umount the "NFS' partition and remount it,then go work stable .
what should I do for this situation ?

Thank you and Best Regard

Jungle