[rhn-users] kernel source for SMP systems

Jon LaBadie jlabadie at acm.org
Tue Mar 29 21:02:09 UTC 2005

In trying to build an nvidia driver I'm getting tons of unresolved
symbol errors.  It appears I'm running an SMP version of the kernel
(that's correct, I should be) but my kernel-source rpm is not for
the SMP kernel.  Thus the nvidia driver is expecting kernel syms

On redhat network I've searched for kernel-smp and when I pull
down the source rpm it is the same I'm using (supplied by Dell).

What's the story, is there actually a separate kernel source rpm
for SMP systems?

If so, why am I not finding it?  (blind is a possibility :)

OS is RHEL 3 (WS) Update 2, x86_64 version (SMP :)

kernel-smp-2.4.21-15.EL.x86_64
kernel-source-2.4.21-15.EL.x86_64