[rhn-users] UPS Control package for RH ES 4 and APC CS-350

PC pchesnut at cox.net
Mon May 2 01:05:12 UTC 2005

Brian,

Thanks for the information.

I performed the install for a USB configured UPS per the install notes and
started up the driver which started fine.....

root at ht-server dev]# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.1
Network UPS Tools: HID UPS driver 0.13 (2.0.1)

Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

Detected American Power Conversion Back-UPS 350 FW: 5.4.D USB FW: c1

I then performed the upsd and attempoted to start the system with the
following error

[root at ht-server etc]# /usr/local/ups/sbin/upsd

Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.1
Can't connect to UPS [ht-server_ups] (hidups-hiddev0): No such file or
directory
Synchronizing........ giving up

The driver seems to be working fine; any ideas why the upsd is failing?

Thanks,

PC