[rhn-users] UPS Control package for RH ES 4 and APC CS-350 with USB Interface

PC pchesnut at cox.net
Wed May 4 12:40:00 UTC 2005

Any inputs?,

Thanks in advance.

PC

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com] On
Behalf Of PC
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 11:11 AM
To: 'Red Hat Network Users List'
Subject: FW: [rhn-users] UPS Control package for RH ES 4 and APC CS-350

Brian,

The ups.conf is:

# Network UPS Tools: ups.conf
[ht-server_ups]
	driver = hidups
	port =   /dev/hiddev0
	desc = "APC Backup UPS CS350 Controller

The upsd file is:

# This default configuration only gives access to localhost.  To allow
# other hosts or networks to connect, see the documentation and change
# these lines.

ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32

ACCEPT localhost
REJECT all

I built the install using:

./configure --with-user=ups_control --with-drivers=hidups

And steps 2-4 in the online install.

We'll configure the RC files once we get the upsd issues resolved.

FYI: we are starting driver and upsd as root.

Pat