[rhn-users] Unable to Run up2date on a RHEL3 AS server

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Mon May 9 19:46:37 UTC 2005

Most likely you have a two or more versions of python installed, or
attempted to upgrade python from the default one that Red Hat provides.
Since there is AS 2.1, 3 and 4 and each one has a different version of
python installed.

AS 2.1 = Python 1.5.2
AS 3 = Python 2.2.3
AS 4 = Python 2.3.4

Or you somehow managed to uninstall the rpm-python package which is
installed by default on all systems.

If you are upgraded/changed python, make the original version the system
default again.
If you removed rpm-python package from the system, reinstall it again,
such as copy it from the install CDs.

Cliff.