[rhn-users] FW: no text in log on screen after running up2date with RHEL AS 3

Hopson, Russell Russell_Hopson at brown.edu
Mon May 16 18:22:11 UTC 2005

Good afternoon,

I am trying to upgrade a Dell Optiplex GS270 from Red Hat 7.3 to RHEL AS
3.  The process goes smoothly up to point that I run up2date and
download and install all the packages.  After this point, the logon
screen has no written text and nothing is displayed when you type a
username and password.  However, you can still log in by typing in the
username and password and once you do, the display is perfectly normal.
The initial logon screen after the install looks normal.  The error does
not occur until after I run up2date and download all the rpm packages.

Thank you in advance for any solutions to my problem.

Russ

Russ Hopson, Ph.D.
NMR Facility Supervisor
Brown University