[rhn-users] Install RHEL4 ES

Roel roel at rksalomons.nl
Mon May 23 14:39:44 UTC 2005

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your attention.
I have another CD-ROM over here, that contains a simplified Linux
version(called "knoppix"). And this thing in fact boots.

I have now burned another CD-ROM containing the file "boot.iso" from the
images directory of Red Hat Linux 4 #1, but this CD also does not do the
booting business.

Maybe I get lost when burning the CD-ROM ?
How did I burn the CD-ROM ?

Well, I started up Red Hat 9 and I manually mounted the first RED HAT
ISO image, which is on my hard drive already, to mnt/cd1, using
  "mount -o loop -t iso9660 <path>/<iso image> /mnt/cd1 "
Then I copied the file /mnt/cd1/images/boot.iso and pasted it into the
CD creator which I found on the menu "root's home-->go" .
Next I burned the CD.

I don't seem to see where I could have been misled ?

Grtz,

Roel