[rhn-users] error on up2date

Duane Christensen dc at sphosp.com
Wed May 25 16:15:11 UTC 2005

Thank you,  I can now rest.

Duane Christensen wrote:

>I am now getting this error when I run up2date -u:
>"Invalid metapkg id emacs-nox"
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks
>Duane

Short - The message is harmless and can be safely ignored.

Longer - The new version of the comps package released with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3 U5 made reference to a package 'emacs-nox'. This
package was originally going to be added in the U5 release as a new
additional package in to the Enterprise Linux 3 channels on RHN and the

install ISO's. This package though did not get released and so what is

happening now is that up2date is parsing the comps.xml file and is just

throwing a message about the package since it cannot find any data on
it.

Cliff.