[rhn-users] How to find out what caused server crash

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Tue May 31 15:33:53 UTC 2005

Also curious as to your hardware... please post general
summary, or if willing .... output from `dmidecode`.  Be aware
that serial-number data may be captured & reported by dmidecode.

Christoph

-----Original Message-----
From: Kueffer, Walter K (PIP - San Diego) [mailto:wk at hp.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 5:27 PM
To: Red Hat Network Users List
Subject: RE: [rhn-users] How to find out what caused server crash

Can you post
 - your /etc/fstab,
 - output of 'df -h',
 - output of 'mount | grep opt', and
 - your /proc/partitions file?

Sounds like maybe the filesystem is mounted read-only or it is full...

Also, try tailing /var/log/messages while you touch a file in that
directory and googling any error messages that you get as a result of
that touch.  If you can't get anywhere with those errors, post them to
the group as well.

Walter