[rhn-users] Two subnets with in LAN

Geetha Thanu geetha_thanu at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 17 09:25:09 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I am in a process of setting up new LAN in our office.

when i gave IP address of the same class to servers
and PCs, because of spywares and virus the whole
network is getting affected..

so I want to change the network as follows...

server room  172.16.0.0 series

client       192.168.0.0 series

Most of the client machines are windows and hence i do
not want the clients to
send packets to the other network except for the
browsing part because the proxy server IP is
172.16.0.1

can any one explain how to achieve this..

should i have to have a linux machine with 2 NIC to
act as a gateway between these 2 networks and enable
ip forward...but actually i do not want
any client to communicate to servers except for the
PROXY server.

thank you
Geetha