[rhn-users] How to Forget the NIC Address

Delta.Root Delta.Root at comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 11:19:04 UTC 2005

I'm getting ready to do the periodic "domino upgrade".  That is the
newest hardware is introduced and the disk images get moved to faster
boxes with the oldest and slowest getting retired.

The last time I attempted to move Red Hat between physical hardware I
had a devil of a time getting it to change the Network Interface Card
address.  It kept complaining that the address had changed and would not
let the network come up.  I tried so many different things, and I can't
find my notes, but I can't recall which step worked.

How do I tell Red Hat that I'm changing the NIC without changing
anything else?

Thanks!

Delta