[rhn-users] Installing RHEL AS on slave Hard Disk

Philip Juels pjuels at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 10 13:59:27 UTC 2005

I haven't dual-booted a system for some years, but...

I used to run into similar problems.  Since I was installing linux onto
a separate and distinct harddrive, I temporarily disconnected the
Windows drive.  With the linux drive set as primary master, I installed
linux normally.  Once installed, I kept the linux harddrive as the
primary master and re-attached the Windows drive as the primary slave,
using the BIOS to select the boot drive.

As for your video card and monitor problem, I can only guess, but you
can still install X from a text-based install process.

Hope that helps,

PJ